Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hard Day's Night

My least favorite side effect (whether direct or indirect) thus far? Hands down: insomnia. It may be caused by body aches, or may be primary, but what it does for sure is suck. Last night provided the first good night's sleep I've had in a while. I hopped on the treadmill just a couple of hours before I went to bed, which may account for that. I'm not superstitious, but I am a creature of habit and a scientist, so I am going to try and replicate this result tonight.

The acupuncture appointment today may factor in, too. The hilarity of the fact that all of my treatments and nearly every sub-component therein consists of needles being jabbed into my body cracks me up.

Next up: three days until SuperStim 2009 begins. The door prize at this grand event? Not one, not two, but three needles each day! Hooray! Honestly, wouldn't it be great if you could just be put into an IVF coma for the entire cycle and wake up when it's time to check the beta?

 

1 comment:

'Murgdan' said...

Honestly. My favorite side effect WAS the insomnia...to a point anyway. I never felt tired. I woke up with SO MUCH energy.

The joke. I actually thought I felt so energized because I had given up coffee....joke's on me. That lack of luster returned quite quickly.

Caffiene habit has resumed...for now.

And yes, I often wished the cycle had a fast-forward button....you'll get there.