- RE nurse called to say my thyroid is misbehaving; we are doubling the Synthroid dose midway through the cycle
- My erstwhile calm in this cycle gave way to concern that my fucking thyroid may have sabotaged me (and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling RE!)
- I stuck myself while hunting for virgin flab to inject and now have a half-inch, 30-gauge puncture wound in my thumb
- I started the antagonist tonight and those goddamned prefilled needles are DULL -- it feels like I'm injecting my skin with an unsharpened pencil and it effing HURTS*
- My father-in-law has metastatic colon cancer and is down to comfort care; I talked with his doctor today and it is not good
- I got a call from a pregnant friend and as soon as she asked how I am doing, before she could tell me about the tiniest minutia of her perfect second pregnancy in two years, I laid it all on her; now I feel kind of mean
That optimism I was bragging about? Hanging on like a thread. But hanging on nevertheless. You know what, universe: I know you're not gonna cure his cancer, so could you throw us all a bone here and give us something to believe in? Besides the Rock of Love. Give our family something we can rally around. Please?
* I don't ice. That's for pussies. After three cycles you go pro.