Monday, January 11, 2010

Lucky Number Seven

Sucks if you're on a hot streak in craps, but totally acceptable if you're hoping for a few mature eggs. Fingers are crossed.

Last night was rough -- we thought it might be "it" for my father-in-law, so KB drove across town at midnight in the snow to be there, and it turned out to be a false alarm (although he has clearly taken another turn in that direction). Neither of us got any sleep. My part today was to lay on a gurney, get knocked out with an iv-full of liquid nap, and then get stabbed repeatedly in the vagina (but darvocet to the rescue!); so I am okay. I don't know how KB managed to do his part under these circumstances. He is my hero.

Now we wait for the call tomorrow morning. Back to the sofa with me, to watch whatever TiVo intuited I like. TiVo, you really get me.

6 comments:

Trinity said...

Glad you made it through the morning. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow. I'm genuinely sorry to hear about KB's father. I can't imagine the mental gymnastics required for the simultaneous ushering in and out of life. It's completely unfair. My fingers are crossed there, too, for peace and comfort.

bunny said...

Oh wow, I hadn't even thought of the fact that he'd have to put everything out of his mind and perform. What a pro! I hope you guys have a peaceful night and good news tomorrow.

hope4joy said...

Lucky 7! That is the name of my favorite slot machine. A nice job goes out to your ovaries. Nice job ladies. Anyhoo, rest up and enjoy your quality time with Tivo. Fert report soon!!

'Murgdan' said...

7 is my lucky number. Always has been. Wishing you all the best--and sorry you have so many other tough things going on right now.

ASP said...

That's right, Baby! 7 is heaven! ;) Looking forward to the fertilemyrtle report tomorrow!

Praying everything goes well on all fronts.

jenicini said...

Common' lucky number seven! Hope those seven eggs are getting groovy with the wigglers. So sad to hear your FIL took a turn for the worse. Your hubby is a champ for performing under the circumstances! :)