Monday, March 15, 2010

Lord, I Was Born a Ramblin' (Wo)man

Stream-of-conscious bullets is all I've got, people:
  • I ate a cream cheese brownie and prune juice for breakfast this morning. Gross but oddly satisfying.
  • I have a baby shower to attend this weekend. I will probably tell the small group of friends that I am pregnant (if I can figure out how to do so without stealing the guest of honor's baby-thunder). I am nervous about it but I think it's time to start acting like a pregnant person. A normal one.
  • I broke down and bought a be-band so I can be less obvious about wearing unbuttoned jeans in public. I would rather that strangers know I am pregnant than think I am Al Bundy.
  • Still sick. All the time. We went out (of the house!) to dinner and to see Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D last night and I was losing my shit (and nearly my cookies) by the end of the night. Hard to just exist right now. I have medium hopes that this will resolve in the coming weeks. Uncomfortable.
  • A fb "friend" from high school (hint: we're not really friends) posts everything about her life, including her intimate medical details: like her second IVF cycle. It pisses me off because it's all done as pandering for attention (like her posts about her awesome house, her attractive husband, her 3 perfect kids [although she bitches about them a lot as well], her overdeveloped sense of self-admiration....). She runs a small business and has "friended" many of her clients, so I fail to see how posting info about her vagina is acceptable. She posts EVERY day now about her IVF meds. And she's on a long downreg cycle (how do I know this? fb!) so this will go on for a while. We all know the date of her embryo transfer. We all know what her TSH and antral follicle counts were. What slays me, though, is her strange naivety about her second IVF cycle: she posts crap like "I'll be pregnant in [X number of] days now!" and "Having my last drink for the next 10 months!" and that does not ring true to me. I have never encountered that kind of blind optimism after a failed cycle. Just weird. Then again, I'm a cynical bitch who won't hide or "defriend" this person because I like to make fun of her. [Whew. That was my useless mental dump for the day. Blame it on the prune juice.]
  • One week from today, KB gets the see the bebe, looking like an actual human and doing the chicken dance, for the first time. I think he's gonna love it. I know I will.
  • Despite the title of this post, I do not plan to birth my child on a Greyhound bus. Eww. Unsanitary.
  • Peace. Word to your mother.

5 comments:

BB said...

Haha... I hear ya about defriending. Some wackos are on my friend list just for enytertainment purpose (especially if they don't mind making fun of themselves with their stupidity) ;)

bunny said...

I would never wish IVF not to work for someone (unless I knew that she was a psycho or something) but your "friend" tempts me to say a little prayer that she'll soon be looking like a fool. Doubtless her cycle will work, though, and she'll do lots of posts about the power of positive thinking.

jenicini said...

Posting every IVF detail on FB....wow, so much fodder for sarcastic you. :) haha. Cream cheese brownie sounds fabulous right now...but not so much with the prune juice! I hope the sick part passes soon! Not so much fun!

ASP said...

You're hilarious. That chick on your fb sounds like a few "friends" of mine. Mainly mine are from high school and just as annoying as they were then but they at least keep me entertained. I just hide them and then peek in on their profiles every now and again.

Hope you start feeling better soon. How cute that you're going to come out of the closet about being pregnant. I love it!

Can't wait for KB to see the bebe too. That's gotta be the best feeling ever.

Word to YOUR mother.

Oh, and thanks for all the support on my blog. You guys all are the best and keep smiling through this insanity of IVF. ♥♥♥

Leslie said...

Hey-- just saw your asshat comment on Trinity's site and thought it was pretty close to home. I coincidentally also posted about my mom today, and I feel like I am on the verge of tailoring my relationship with her along the lines of something like what you said (guilty avoidance???). I don't want it but don't know what to do differently...

anyways, cheers!, and congratulations on graduating to 'pregnant lady'. That is awesome.