- I ate a cream cheese brownie and prune juice for breakfast this morning. Gross but oddly satisfying.
- I have a baby shower to attend this weekend. I will probably tell the small group of friends that I am pregnant (if I can figure out how to do so without stealing the guest of honor's baby-thunder). I am nervous about it but I think it's time to start acting like a pregnant person. A normal one.
- I broke down and bought a be-band so I can be less obvious about wearing unbuttoned jeans in public. I would rather that strangers know I am pregnant than think I am Al Bundy.
- Still sick. All the time. We went out (of the house!) to dinner and to see Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D last night and I was losing my shit (and nearly my cookies) by the end of the night. Hard to just exist right now. I have medium hopes that this will resolve in the coming weeks. Uncomfortable.
- A fb "friend" from high school (hint: we're not really friends) posts everything about her life, including her intimate medical details: like her second IVF cycle. It pisses me off because it's all done as pandering for attention (like her posts about her awesome house, her attractive husband, her 3 perfect kids [although she bitches about them a lot as well], her overdeveloped sense of self-admiration....). She runs a small business and has "friended" many of her clients, so I fail to see how posting info about her vagina is acceptable. She posts EVERY day now about her IVF meds. And she's on a long downreg cycle (how do I know this? fb!) so this will go on for a while. We all know the date of her embryo transfer. We all know what her TSH and antral follicle counts were. What slays me, though, is her strange naivety about her second IVF cycle: she posts crap like "I'll be pregnant in [X number of] days now!" and "Having my last drink for the next 10 months!" and that does not ring true to me. I have never encountered that kind of blind optimism after a failed cycle. Just weird. Then again, I'm a cynical bitch who won't hide or "defriend" this person because I like to make fun of her. [Whew. That was my useless mental dump for the day. Blame it on the prune juice.]
- One week from today, KB gets the see the bebe, looking like an actual human and doing the chicken dance, for the first time. I think he's gonna love it. I know I will.
- Despite the title of this post, I do not plan to birth my child on a Greyhound bus. Eww. Unsanitary.
- Peace. Word to your mother.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Lord, I Was Born a Ramblin' (Wo)man
Stream-of-conscious bullets is all I've got, people: