Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reading is Fundamental

I made it out of the house yesterday! A shut-in no more. I went a whole six blocks away (by car, because it's ass-cold and I am not walking) to the grocery store to stock up on soup, ginger cookies, and ginger ale. And a few impulse buys. Because I NEED strawberry gummy candies and mustard potato salad. Yum.

I should have read the label on the fancy ginger ale bottles a little more closely. It is no ordinary ginger ale, people -- it is ginger beer. Jamaican-style ginger beer. And above all else, it is gross. It tastes like medicine. Like a cocktail of Listerine and Robitussin. Nasty. I got about three sips of this Rasta Weed Juice down before I threw in the towel. Honestly, nausea is better than this stuff. [sigh]

6 comments:

Trinity said...

Mmmm...ginger. :) It wasn't R.eed's was it? 'Cause I could mainline that stuff. Especially the Rasp.berry Ginger Brew. Yummmm... I am also a fan of munching on crystallized ginger. Highly recommended if you are a fan of tasty burps. And who isn't?

Way to get out the house, you crusty pregger. ;)

jenicini said...

Whoo! A shut in no more!

ASP said...

"Crusty pregger." Snap.

bunny said...

Uggh, I hate ginger beer that tastes...like ginger. It's fine in a Dark and Stormy, but not as a cure for nausea! Congratulations on making it out the door. Surely the end of morning sickness is coming soon!

Kait said...

I wanted to let you know that I'm passing on the Happy 101 Award to you. You can check out my blog (esperanzasays.wordpress.com) to see what to do! Thanks for sharing your life with us!

Rebecca said...

Hello! Just found your blog from the comments at alittlepregnant. I'm 28 weeks and my first trimester was HELL. I lived on Canada Dry Ginger Ale. That stuff was a freaking Godsend. Also, in case you are unaware, unless there is "made with real ginger!" on the can, it ain't gonna help you.
We struggled with IF for 5 years (multiple IUI's and miscarriages) before our "surprise!" pregnancy in October. But don't hate...we were planning our IVF for this August. Dr. said it was some kind of miracle that we got pregnant on our own. Anyways, I'll be reading along and praying for your LO.