Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Little Things

Lately, I've been trying to get KB's hand in the right spot with the right pressure, so he can feel little kicks and punches. For some reason, it's become a mission to help him experience that.

Then this morning, I was getting pummeled with a series of particularly powerful kick-punches and put his hand in just the right spot...and he felt it. For the first time, he unselfconsciously talked to the baby, calling it "my baby," and I had a brief moment of pure happiness and peace. It's the little things, sometimes.

6 comments:

Pundelina said...

Beautiful, just beautiful Jen - they are the moments to be savoured.

Also, I'm so glad your cervix is in good nick and everything is submarine-tight inside.

bunny said...

SOB! That's awesome! May these moments increase in frequency.

Trinity said...

Aww, your post just turned my heart into a squishy mess. These instances are the things that most excite me and touch me about this pregnancy. They aren't little at all. :)

Kelly said...

Very awesome.

Lisa said...

So glad KB got to finally feel it! That's such a special moment!

Hoping you're feeling better and more at ease today. My body was always coming up with weird sensations to freak me out, but it never amounted to anything.

kmina said...

This is THE best part of pregnancy. Bliss in kicks. Even more wonderful when it is shared. ;-)