Eh, I guess it's not so bad. I ache, I pain; I nonchalantly begged for induction today. And we struck a very reasonable deal. The facts:
- I am dilated to 1 cm and 50% effaced (good news!)
- Baby B is head-down and at -1 station (more good news!)
- I hurt in every part of my body except, maybe, my left earlobe and my right bicuspid tooth (less good...)
- I had contractions Saturday night that were ~30-40 minutes apart, which then subsided by Sunday morning (meh...)
- This not-so-easy-bake oven is ready to produce its little cupcake NOW (just, you know, true).
He also gave me a prescription for Tylenol with codeine for the aches and pains, I suppose in an effort to convince me to hold off on more begging for induction. The old "ply-them-with-opiates" trick; it works every time. I never did dig into my supply of Ambien, but I am willing to try a T3 here and there (with my OB's blessing; I am also allowed to tap into my leftover supply of Darvocet, a souvenir from IVF retrievals) to try and get some comfort, and maybe to help sleep a teensy-weensy bit better. Or, like, at all.
So, I guess the official plan goes like this:
- Pray to all gods in all religions including any necessary virginal/animal/miscellaneous sacrifices and incantations, that labor indeed begins and progresses within the week;
- In the meantime, take advantage of sweet (however low-dose and infrequent) opioid pain relief until the baby decides s/he is good and ready to be born; and
- Failing options 1 and 2, show up to 39-week appointment and renew begging for induction on/around due date.