Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rocky Horror Bloody Show

Who's got two thumbs and has been bleeding and contracting off and on since last evening? *this girl*

I sped up my transition-shit-to-someone-else process for work (i.e., sent an email with a data dump and notified my clinical team of my replacement) and am now waiting for the OB nurse to call me back and tell me if this is A) just the famed "bloody show," and no thanks we don't need to see you you moronic first-timer or B) hmmm, and yes please come in so we can decide if you are having a baby today-ish. It's a full moon tomorrow, people. I'm just sayin'.

Update: Guess what? Normal! Probably the mucus plug (couldn't anyone think of a more pleasant name? like cervical hat, or baby cork, or ute stopper?). I swear to gawd I could call and tell them my teeth have all fallen out and I have stigmata and they would say, "yeah, that's common in late third trimester." Anyway, cramping and contractions continue off and on, so I am still hoping that the full moon will come in handy. The OB on call tomorrow delivered a friend of mine and I heard she is a total rock star -- sweet.

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Well, I didn't get my "bloody show" until I was 4 or 5cm dilated and in full on agony, shaking like a leaf... so if it IS your bloody show then you are probably ready to go!

ASP said...

OMG! Yeah, that's an OMG! ;) Maybe you'll go to the hospital and you'll be dilated to 8 or something and give it one good ol' push and BAM! Behbeh is here! ;) Good luck, lady! Your time is here! Can you believe it?!

bunny said...

OH BOY! OH BOY! I'm getting really excited! There's gonna be a new person in the world pretty soon!

BB said...

Yay! The babe will be here before you know! So excited. Good luck!

jenicini said...

Whoo hoo! At least something is happening! It makes me laugh now that I listened to them tell me everything was normal when I was apparently dilated 4 cm. Sure, it's all normal! Do you have to drop the baby out before they tell you to come in? :) Common' baby!

hope4joy said...

It's almost time! That is awesome. I know you can't wait to hold that baby!

Kelly said...

Holy crap! It's close!

Esperanza said...

You're getting close! If you go back and read my entries, I have a very similar one, followed by a "I really think this is it" one and then a "presenting my daughter" one! I'm so excited for you!

Esperanza @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com

PS - I'm having a book giveaway this Friday. It's really easy to enter - details are in every post this week!

Trinity said...

Soooo excited, Jen! Bring it, full moon! And by it, I mean a juicy, delicious lil' bebe!

Big hug!

kdactyl said...

Oh Yay!!!! This sounds pretty good. Take some long walks...eat some spicey food..whatever...I'm sure it won't really help..but the time will pass while you are doing it! So excited for you!

Lisa said...

Fingers crossed that this is it! Sorry baby, but you're being evicted!