Friday, December 31, 2010

...And They Lived Happily Ever After

Well, I guess it's not that simple. But 2010 was a big year for the B household, and I'm looking forward to a pretty sweet 2011. I just printed my work calendar for next year and circled all the company holidays, planned vacations, and Jackson's birthday. Let's rumble.

What New Year's Eve post would be complete without resolutions?
  • Live -- really live -- in the moment. As in, not think ahead two steps and plan for the worst case scenario all the time. I owe it to Jackson, KB, and not least of all myself to enjoy the company and love of/for my husband and watching my son grow up each and every day, and to just be.
  • Get back into fighting shape. This will involve a personal trainer, some sweat, a fair amount of excruciating pain, and a whole lot of ass-kicking. Eye of the tiger, bitches.
  • Stay positive at work. I wish I could conjure up some magical unicorn farts that, when huffed in a paper bag, would make me lurve my job or make me a more competent stay-at-home mom. Alas. I duz not haz unicorn. So, I am committed to making the most of work, trying hard to achieve job satisfaction by speaking up and being assertive about my work-life balance, and staving off the guilt of being at home, working, while my little boy is away, in daycare. At least he's in a kickass daycare. He gets to learn espaƱol.
  • Continue and permanently extend my lifetime boycott on Ed Hardy everything. Also, avoid Ralph Lauren because the new logo is supersized douche. And no Chico's. So much bedazzled leopard print, so little time.
  • Stop. playing. angry. birds. Addicted. Need help.
Happy New Year to everyone is Bloggyland, O Interweb Friends!

5 comments:

Esperanza said...

I loved this post. And I want you to know, that I'm going to put a paper bag on my desk with "Magical Unicorn Farts - Huff at your own risk" on it so whenever I'm having a hard day at work I can look at that and laugh. And maybe I'll take a few deep breaths because if it makes me laugh AND makes me take the time to breath, then it's worth the space it takes.

Thanks for that!

Happy New Year!

'Murgdan' said...

Supersized douche. Seriously. What is up with that?

:-) Happy New Year....and send me some of that eye of the tiger. I need it.

bunny said...

Happy new year! I think it's going to be a good one. I also think all of your resolutions are totally attainable, except the last. Just give up, man.

Lisa said...

Happy New Year Jen!

Kelly said...

Those are all great resolutions. Happy new year!