Friday, January 7, 2011

Okay, Maybe Some Holds Barred

It might be a stomach bug. If so, let's hope it's the 24-hour kind. But the physical evidence suggests that the weird black capsules o'herbs from WholeFoods have caused a reaction, the violent kind. Somewhere around the middle of the night I started to feel nasty and by first thing this morning, I couldn't keep a sip of water down. Is it a bad sign when your poop looks like a 4-month-old baby's poop? Yeah, I figured. Oh, whoops, totally forgot to warn you -- TMI! Heh. When the puking started this morning, I began to suspect the weird black capsules because it seemed to this detective (I fancy myself to be Quincy but sexier -- much sexier, or maybe Dr. House but less cantankerous -- slightly less) that the weird black capsules' content had pooled in my unsuspecting gut all day yesterday until critical mass was reached, at which point it decided (I'm pretty sure it's some type of organism that makes decisions) to launch itself from every available orifice with minimal warning and maximum velocity. Maybe it's the black oil that infected Scully (NERD ALERT!). Oh gawd. It was nice knowing all of you...*weep*

I've subsisted today on Gatorade and my first meal now, a bowl of soup, and had to cancel all work meetings lest I have to excuse myself to go on mute and evacuate my stomach. That might be disrespectful to the caller, no? I'm feeling a little better but am rocking a 100-degree fever that won't break. I'm pretty sure it's not from the mastitis, which is already improving on day 2 of antibiotics, and not from the antibiotics either since I've been taking them all day and that hasn't stirred the internal pot further, so to speak. The worst part of all of this? Poor KB had to unexpectedly single parent today, drop off and pick up Jackson from daycare, and now is entertaining him until bedtime. Since we're not sure this isn't an infection, I'm keeping my distance from Jackson until my fever is gone. Sad mommy. I also didn't pump much today, since I was in bed trying to sleep in between barf sessions. And what I have pumped, KB is feeding the baby tonight (unless I miraculously recover by the middle of the night feeding time). Super sad mommy.

The moral of this story is...aw, fuck it. There's no moral. I can't take the weird black capsules or the fancy tea (same ingredients) to try and boost milk supply -- or I'm assuming so, since this isn't an experiment I'm willing to conduct to see whether it's just been a stomach bug or the weird black capsules are to blame. I had nothing but time today to think about the formula supplementing thing, and I have to accept that it's probably necessary. Hopefully it will be temporary and I can eventually get my supply up. We'll see. Either way, lesson learned. You can't control everything.

8 comments:

Esperanza said...

The moral of this story is The X-Files rocked (and still do) and never apologize for dropping Scully or Mulder reference, ever.

I hope you feel better. Being a sick mommy sucks.

ASP said...

Damn, Jen, that sucks. Hope you're feeling better soon and your poop is back to normal. Your poop. Your poop. Your poop. Poopitypooppooppoop. Get well sooooooon! Poop.

jenicini said...

Sucky suck. Apparently, we're all dorks because we get your Scully reference. Still trying to bring myself around to the idea of formula so I get it!

bunny said...

You can't control everything...especially your digestive tract! You are such a whiner, with your I'm spewing from all my places, waaaah, poor me! The moral I'm taking from this is to stay away from the weird black capsules. Probably a good general principle, come to think of it. 'Cause even if they're not the cause, it sounds horrendous and I ain't risking it!

Cheri said...

Oh, God, is it just me, or have any of you noticed that infertile people are not only infertile, but cleverly and wildly hilarious? You guys kill me. And I've said it before, but I LOVE how you always support each other in EVERYTHING. Hope you're feeling better soon, Jen, and become a fountain of La Leche.

Once Upon A Time said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Lisa said...

Hoping you feel better soon!

Kelly said...

AHHH! Poor Jen! That sounds awful. I hope it clears up soon and that little guy of yours is right back on the tit with an AMPLE milk supply.