Saturday, February 12, 2011

Big Boy

I bought this outfit when Jackson was a newborn, because it was too stinking cute to pass up. The tag read "6-12 months" and so I snickered, "well, it'll be a long while before he can wear it, but it'll be so cute when he does -- in about a year* from now!" Here is my almost-5-month-old wearing The Outfit:
Proud milk belly bulging out, casual death-grip on the rocking chair arm. He talks (kind of), he sits up (sort of), he laughs at our jokes (in his way), he thinks kicking my face** as I sing "Boom Boom Pow" to him is hilarious. Mah boy is growing up, y'all. Time stops for no one.

*Being a noob, I didn't understand the laws governing baby clothing sizing. Always assume it's too small and you'll choose correctly.

**The only appropriate reaction to this song.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Yeah, baby clothing isn't sized correctly. My kid was wearing all 12 month clothing at 5.5 months (he busted out of the 9 month stuff), and by 9 months he was in all 18 month clothing. Except for the rare pair of 12 month pants that happens to be super long.

Looking cute, Jackson!

Esperanza said...

I am horrible at guessing when clothes will fit Isa. I always think they are too long and by the time I put them on her they barely fit. It drives me crazy. I bought a couple of those onsie extenders and they have been a life saver! Jackson is too cute! Thanks for sharing the picture!

Esperanza @ esperanzasays.wordpress.com

hope4joy said...

That shirt is fantastic! As someone who isn't a mother yet I stood in the store at Christmas time for 30 minutes trying to figure out why they had both a 24 months and a 2T. I had to call my sister. I mean I am not a mother but I can do basic math. Room for a diaper.... now I get it.

Once Upon A Time said...

My kids are less than a month to 1 year old... and guess what size they wear? Sam 6-12 months or 12 months, Anna 6-12 months or 9 or 12 months. They have stayed pretty close to their age matching up with the size all along. The point is that you just don't know if you'll have a big kid, an average kid or a peanut. Maybe it's time they just give baby clothing a 1,2,3 etc. number.

But I digress. Jackson is adorable and I love the outfit!

Cheri said...

Wow. You bought a chair just to coordinate with this adorable outfit? Impressive. (He wears it well, by the way.) Very cute. Love this age.