Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Roly Poly

A week of firsts...

We talk*! And eat our feet! (Multitasking, man...)
video

We roll over! And rage about it! (It was a fine idea at the time...)
video
And now we roll over in the middle of the night and sleep on our belly until morning. Which a few months ago would have scared the bejeezus out of me, but he's pretty mobile with the head and arms now, so I'm much less worried. I mean, I still go in and check on him several times per night, but there are no panic attacks over it. It's also translated into him sleeping a longer stretch after his 3AM feeding, so he essentially skips his usual 6AM feeding and pushes it back to an 8AM feeding (I used to do both before taking him to school). Yay for more sleep, for everyone!

* Sounds a lot like "da-da" although he's addressing his feet, so who knows....

7 comments:

bunny said...

He is absurdly adorable! And great news about the more sleep deal. I'm very ignorant, as you know, but I thought once a baby was strong enough to roll over (and had enough head and neck control) it meant you could relax a bit on this issue? I mean, not that you need to put him to sleep on his stomach or anything...

ASP said...

He is so dang adorable! I like how in the foot video you're not talking and then J is staring up at you, like he's waiting for you to say something, except you don't and he almost doesn't do what you want him to. I swear every time I get the video camera or camera camera out, O stops doing whatever she's doing until, of course, I put the thing down.

Olivia has stopped the morning feeding when she first wakes up as well. I offer her the bottle anyway, but sometimes she'll just nom nom it in her mouth. If it's been awhile since she's eaten (more than 4 hours), she'll usually take it, but otherwise fuhgeddaboutit.

I can't believe how much Jackson has grown and all he's doing! I like the heads-up because Olivia isn't very far behind! Hiphip. These cute babies o' ours.

jenicini said...

Love it! I'm with Amber, I'm always looking towards J for my preview on what E will do next. :) How's it going with the job change? Are you loving not taking him to daycare? Enjoy that snuggle muffin of yours!

Trinity said...

STOP.THE.CUTENESS. His voice just melts me. Gotta love a lil Action Jackson!

JB said...

Bunny -- yeah, no need to worry about being on his tummy anymore but that doesn't stop me from worrying anyway. *crazy*

Jen -- He's actually still in daycare, since I have a lead on a part-time job and don't want to lose his spot in school by taking him out only to have to turn around and re-enroll him in a few months. But, I'm keeping him home more and taking him in later/picking up earlier. I'm letting him keep the routine but minimizing actual time spent there. Luckily, I really like the place so I don't feel too terrible about it.

For all of you ladies -- just wait until your little dudes are rolling around...trying to roll on (or off of) the diaper changing table...rolling immediately when put on the floor....rolling around in the crib or on your bed...it's both cute and gives you something new to worry about!

JB said...

Amber -- or dudettes ;)

Once Upon A Time said...

Way to go Jackson! My two slept a lot better once they could flip over and sleep on their bellies at night too. Get ready- your mobile baby days are just beginning... :P