Saturday, July 9, 2011

Shoo Fly Shoo

Or, SERENITY NOW!

So, tonight I finished pumping (which I do every night before bed) and left my Precious sitting on the living room table while we finished watching Louie (which YOU, TOO, SHOULD BE WATCHING. It's so good it makes me all shouty. Also, give Wilfred a try. It's nuts, but in the good way. There's a talking dog. I mean, a guy in a dog suit who talks. To that hobbit. You know, Elijah Wood. Man, it's hard to believe I give out these recommendations for free. You're welcome). So I got up to put away my Liquid Gold and discovered that a fly -- a beady-eyed fucking fly -- had landed inside the neck of the apparatus (the little doohicky that connects the flange to the bottle with the filter on the inside). Which means I just dumped 4.5 ounces of milk, that took an hour to pump on the left side, down the drain. GODDAMNIT.

I am not a violent person, but I made sure that Jeff Goldblum took a tour of the In-sink-erator.

Le sigh.

Good night.

6 comments:

hope4joy said...

Sorry Mama! Plus that movie and Jeff Goldblum freak me out!

Lisa said...

Oh my God I would have raged!

I have seen commercials for both those shows and only wish we could watch them. But in an effort to afford the necessities, we ditched luxuries such as cable tv. It's disgusting what they are doing to teacher salaries around the nation.

Loved the pictures from the 4th. He looks seriously squeezable.

Roccie said...

It gives me physical pain in my gut to read this. PAIN only the pain that a Low Producer like myself can share.

And you could have had a bottle of wine to wash that down the drain.

Mother fuckin' fly.

Cheri said...

I know this will sound very inappropriate, but I SORT OF feel your pain because a pesky deer fly landed in my margarita Saturday night at our cabin. These are not ordinary margaritas. They are Cuervo Gold, Cointreau and Grand Marnier margaritas. It was an expensive way to kill a fly. Though in reality, it does NOT compare to losing the precious breast milk. I get that. Honest. (So, ditto to what Roccie said about the fly . . . !) It just seemed seemed like a weird coincidence that we both lost precious liquid to a damned fly. And I agree with Lisa. The recent pictures were adorable.

kmina said...

Oh, MAN! I have no words... I am so sorry.

But cheer up, you're all set in the baby snacks dept, so you're good. ;-))

Left something for you on my blog, if you have the time and are in the mood. If not, no biggie, I still lurve ya. ,-)

bunny said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I would totally have kept it, and then wondered why my baby got the plague and also turned into a giant fly.