Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry and Bright

I found this wrapped in Christmas paper with a bow when I picked Jackson up from school one day last week.  He made it during a special art project.
OH. You guys. My kid's first fingerpainting. I cannot describe to you how much I love this. How much I love him. The holidays make me all mushy and gushy and hormotional. Weep.

There are a couple of babies (TINY. Baybees.) joining Jackson's class in the next month, between 3-6 months old.  And he is due to transition out of the Infant (Baybee) Room and into the Toddler (Big Boy) Room some time in the spring or early summer. So the next few months will bring observations of Jackson's big brother potential around the babies. And his blooming independence in the Big Boy Room.  And I will be moving slowly toward the next things, the hopeful plans for a little brother or sister, the savings for a new house, the rest of the pesky baby weight to lose while we wait for Operation Take Two Nummer Zwei Le Bebe Dos to commence.  Working to keep myself sharp and afford all these things. Trying to just be here and in the moment and happy.

So Merry Christmas (or Happy Chanukah), you guys.  Also, Happy Festivus for the rest of us.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

How sweet is that! Love the finger painting and photo.

kmina said...

Oh, the curls he has! :-)
Lovely painting and photo. Merry Festivus to you too!

Trinity said...

Oh don't mind that puddle there--it's just my melted lil' heart, is all! Is he having a blast in that picture or what? Such a super sweet gesture from his teachers. Love it! We have Arlo's construction paper turkey on our fridge, and I could care less that its gobbler looks like a big ol' nutsack--it's the most priceless nutsacky gobbler EVAH.

Merry everything, friend! Hope you, KB, Jackson and Katie have fun!

Lisa said...

Such a cute thing his school did. Merry Christmas!