Monday, February 20, 2012

Look Ma, No Hands

So I suppose IVF cycling is like riding a bicycle. It's more or less as I remember it. Only by now I know, the early follicle counts, E2 values, they don't mean much. It all comes down to a yes/no question: am I pregnant? And for that, we must wait. The first good indicator will be how many eggs successfully fertilize, which will be known early next week (probably Tuesday morning). If we can manage to transfer at least 2, we will be in the best possible shape to get pregnant. If it ends up being a single embryo transfer, I have zero expectation of getting pregnant (although I would still move forward with the transfer, because, hey! unicorns!). So until next Tuesday morning, I'm keeping busy with everyday life, pausing for a few minutes every evening to stab myself in the gut with some drugs, and then carrying on. I'm starting to get that old familiar heavy-in-the-middle feeling one gets from ovaries working hard at growing a dozen eggs, but other than that I'm just peddling away on this pink Huffy with handlebar tassles and a horn. Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Yeah.

 

5 comments:

ASP said...

Wooooweee! Looking forward to hearing that magical number of eggs retrieved and fertilized. Man, I'm hoping that you end up with a couple of baybeeees in your ute. If you get a chance, take a picture of you on that pink Huffy, would ya? Good luck, Friend.

Rebecca said...

I hope that you get at least two.

Mina said...

O maan, o maan, o maan (ze German oh man, if it was not obvious for some reason). What can I say? I wish you have a wonderful egg production and a very promising fert report and that you get knocked up on schedule. Fingers crossed, spit over the shoulder, rub rabbit foot (or food, whichever is more appealing). Amen.

I would pay good money too see you on that Huff...

bunny said...

I can hardly wait until you're riding that little old Huffy with a belly full of baby. 'Cause, you know, why not go with optimistic imagery.

Roccie said...

Rock that business. Rock it hard, right to the crib.