Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Omen

And....we're back on for Tuesday retrieval. There are 6 measurable follicles "in range" and a few smaller ones. I told the nurse I was SURE glad I bought more drugs to stimulate another day now that we're going to trigger today instead. Hopefully I'll be in a position to donate the unused meds to the clinic in a few weeks instead of saving them for round 5. Because 4 is a nice even number.

Another patient was getting her beta drawn and told the nurse she had already tested positive at home. She asked, "What happens next?" and the nurse turned to me and said, "Well, tell her, Jen." So I explained that she'll get another beta and then weekly ultrasounds for a month and then complete ultrasound withdrawal for about 7 months thereafter until she brings home a wriggling baby. And then I congratulated her and resisted the urge to leap up and hug her. It feels like a good sign that she was my blood draw buddy this morning, and that I didn't feel anything but joy for her. But I do still hope I get to be her in a few weeks. I'm firing up the hope machine for Wednesday's fertilization report.

Also, our friends are not yet pregnant. But they perkily announced they will begin trying real soon. I wish them all the unspoiled naivety in the world. But, hey Universe, let me get knocked up first, 'kay?

 

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hope you have nothing but mature perfect eggs.

Mina said...

Well, let's hope no. 4 is the repeat of 3. And you get to be that lucky lady soon.

Please do something about the word id... I can only comment with my google id and after at least a couple of tries. Discouraging.

jenicini said...

That is indeed lucky! Crossing my fingers for a good retrieval!!

Roccie said...

Crafty bitch, your talent is enough for 40 kids. Certainly La Universe will see fit to set you up with another one this round.

Really pulling for you.

bunny said...

I wish somebody would have jumped up and hugged me on my beta day! You should have rubbed yourself all over her hcg-laden self. REALLY GOOD LUCK tomorrow for a half-dozen mature ones that all fertilize without a hitch.

kdactyl said...

So excited for your retrieval. it takes me back to my own cycles. I hope it all goes well...you get fantastic embies and transfer is successful. Lots of baby dust coming your way.
kd

Lisa said...

Good luck tomorrow! Time to make some babies!!